Sunday, October 23, 2005

My scarf wip fetish

Well, it seems my newest knitting trend is to start scarves that I can't possibly finish. Something about straight knitting doesn't hold my attention like it should. But here are some things I've been trying to do for the past couple months.

My gray key-hole scarf is knitted using Target $1 Fur yarn and some gray red heart. Both of the yarns seperately aren't that spectacular, but the combination yeilds a really neat angora looking scarf.

I've been working on this purple sparkly scarf for so long it's silly. It's for a friend, which makes it worse that I'm slacking. But I have talked my mom and my friend, John, into knitting a couple rows for me.

Next is my double knit camo scarf for a friend at West Point. I'm using 2 strands of variegated camo yarn held together, I like the pattern that's coming together on both sides.

Well... That's all for now. Sometime between now are March I'll be knitting up a hat for my soon to be nephew... And hopefully I'll get to work on the millions of projects I've get stored in the back of my head.

No comments: